The Yucatan Peninsula
Imagine yourself in a land rich with colonial elegance, history, culture, and beguiling natural beauty. With a backdrop of tropical forests and breathtaking white sand beaches, one can see why the Mayan people chose the Yucatan Peninsula as the ideal location to build their home. Go back in time through visits with your expert guide to unique colonial sites and ancient ruins along the Mayan route. Learn about the fascinating Mayan civilization, and take an active journey across a pristine landscape characterized by lush jungle, sinkholes, and the Mayan Riviera's turquoise coast.
The cultural and natural wonders designated as UNESCO World Heritage Sites, the virtually untouched white sand beaches and the spectacular natural beauty of the region make the Yucatan Peninsula a worthwhile destination that everyone should see in a lifetime.
Please note that the following itinerary is an example, as all of our journeys are custom-made.
Campeche (2 nights)
Fly to Campeche, where you will be greeted by your personal host upon arrival and be taken to the enchanting and colonial Hacienda Uayamon. This hacienda seamlessly combines the colonial grandeur of the past with modern luxury amenities. On your first evening day, enjoy the centuries-old property, a destination in its own right, and take in the colonial charm of the region through a guided tour of the main attractions of the historical city of Campeche, which is the most pristine example of Spanish Baroque colonial architecture and urban design. Its uniqueness has made it to be designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The next day, tour the ruins of Edzná with an expert guide (also a UNESCO site), as you experience this dynamic and enduring area whose ancestors date back to 600 B.C.
Mérida (2 nights)
Next, proceed by private transfer to picturesque Hacienda San José, located near Mérida in the midst of the tropical rainforest. Along the way, visit the impressive Uxmal ruins with your personal expert guide and imagine yourself in that time as you traverse the remnants of this ancient world. The following day, visit the town of Izamal, a UNESCO World Heritage where almost every structure is egg-yolk yellow. Your expert guide will show you to all of Izamal's principal sites and explain its intriguing blend of Maya, Spanish and modern cultures. You will also visit Mayan artisans' homes and workshops and witness the creation of their magnificent crafts In the evenings, enjoy delicious food, spa treatments, and relaxation in woven cotton hammocks and at the stone-walled pool of your hacienda as you reflect on these spectacular natural and cultural wonders.
Mayan Riviera (3 nights)
Next, go by private transfer east towards the beautiful Mayan Riviera on the Caribbean coast, stopping along the way to explore the Mayan ruins of Chichén Itzá. You will visit the ruins with an esteemed archaeologist to gain a greater understanding of this world wonder and UNESCO World Heritage Site. Then, you will have exclusive, private access to one of the sinkholes which famously dot the Yucatan's forests. You will enjoy swimming and relaxation at your leisure, having the clear waters of the natural pools all to yourself, followed by a gourmet picnic prepared for you to enjoy the surroundings, away from the tourists.
In the evening, arrive at the exclusive Maroma Resort, located on the Caribbean Sea near Playa del Carmen. Spend your first day unwinding on the most exclusive stunning white sand beaches and enjoy swimming and relaxation on relaxing beaches merely steps away from your private suite as you take in views of the turquoise waters.
The next day, you will have an exclusive visit to the pristine tropical forests at the Sian Ka'An Biosphere where you can float on canals and enjoy relaxing next to beautiful freshwater lagoons, and visit the beautiful coastal ruins of Tulum with your expert guide. Right off the shores from your resort, go snorkeling with your personal guide to see the diverse underwater wildlife on the Caribbean reef system. On your final evening, you will enjoy an intimate, candle-lit dinner on the beach.
- Colonial architecture in the coastal city of Campeche
- 18th and 19th century colonial haciendas
- Mayan archaeological sites such as Edzná, Uxmal, Chichén Itzá, Tulum
- Complex reef system
- Sian Ka'an Biosphere
- Rainforest excursions
- Snorkeling in the groundwater sinkholes, the Caribbean reefs, and the mangrove estuaries
- Scuba diving
- Private boat excursions
- Stay in the best suites at exclusive colonial haciendas
- Meeting with scholars and specialists in Mayan architecture & archaeology
- Meeting with a local community of fishermen that will take you through the Sian Ka'an Biosphere
- Private sightseeing flights over the coast of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Private, exclusive access to sinkholes, off limits for general tourists, to enjoy at your leisure with a gourmet picnic lunch
- Tasting session of fine liquors in an organic distillery
- Organization of exclusive events
- Private plane services
- VIP airport assistance
- And much more...
- Best Time to Go
- Recommended Stay
- Price Reference
(8 Days, private party of 2)
- October > May
- 7-9 Days
- $9,500 - $11,500
Note: Prices will vary based on the specifics of your itinerary.
Parties of 4 or more will benefit from lower prices per passenger.
What is included:
- Luxury accommodations at
- Hacienda Uayamon (Campeche)
- Hacienda San José (Mérida)
- Maroma Resort (Playa del Carmen)
- Services of Blue Parallel hosts and private specialized guides throughout the journey
- All special events, private guided tours, private excursions, private outdoor activities, spa treatments, entrance fees
- Continual monitoring of your journey by a Blue Parallel team composed of a personal travel expert in our offices, and a personal host in each destination. In addition, a "behind the scenes" logistical expert is staffed on each trip in order to monitor every step of the journey. The team is on call 24-hours a day during a trip
- All transportation and private transfers
- Certain meals
- A Blue Parallel customized travel kit that you will receive prior to departure