Ever dreamed of a spectacular journey into the past where you can discover the hidden treasures of one of the most fascinating civilizations on Earth? At 8,200 feet above sea level and covering over five square miles, the Machu Picchu ruins overlook a lush rainforest in the heart of the Peruvian Andes. In July 1911, a young North American expedition leader from Yale University, Hiram Bingham, announced that he had found "The lost city of the Incas". This exceptional site is a remarkable remnant of the Inca Empire at the height of its glory, and the extraordinary harmony between its natural and cultural elements make it a "must-see" place in a lifetime.
Please note that the following itinerary is an example, as all of our journeys are custom-made.
Sacred Valley (2 nights)
After an overnight in Lima, you will be assisted with your flight to Cusco. Upon arrival, you will be greeted by your personal guide who will show you the best of the Sacred Valley. You will explore the impressive ruins of Pisac in the morning, enjoy a gourmet meal in an exclusive hacienda for lunch with breathtaking view of the Sacred Valley and take part in a private meditation ceremony performed by a Paco (Andean Shaman) near Inca ruins in the Sacred Valley, which will provide unique insight into the Incas spiritual beliefs.
Visit unique, Incan archeological sites such as the terraced ruins of Ollantaytambo, the concentric ruins at Moray and the salt pools at Maras. In the evening, enjoy a private cooking class with an esteemed chef, using the freshest local ingredients to prepare Andean specialties. You will also have the opportunity to meet with the Callanaupa sisters and enjoy a traditional weaving demonstration from the local weaving cooperative. Experience a number of custom-made outdoor activities in the Sacred Valley, including horseback riding, hiking or mountain-biking.
Machu Picchu (2 nights)
It is now time to experience an awe-inspiring train ride along the towering Andes and the Quechua-speaking villages of the Sacred Valley as you travel to Machu Picchu. You will either leave the train at kilometer 104 and hike the last portion of the Inca Trail with your personal guide (passing through the Gate of the Sun) or take the luxurious Hiram Bingham train all the way to Aguas Calientes, near Machu Picchu.
Discover the spectacular ruins and check-in to the Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge, an exclusive lodge overlooking the ruins and set in its own gardens, or the luxurious Inkaterra Machu Picchu Hotel, nestled between steep mountain walls of lush Andean greenery in the valley below the site of Machu Picchu. You will enjoy well-deserved spa treatments and gourmet meals, wander in the ruins, nature walks, trek to the Temple of the Moon or up Huayna Picchu, and, from above the clouds, you will enjoy the surreal vistas of the Andes' peaks reaching for the sky.
Cusco (2 nights)
Take the train back to the Sacred Valley where you will be privately escorted to Cusco, the city of the "Children of the Sun". You will stay in either the Monasterio Hotel, a monastery that was originally built in 1592 by descendants of the Spanish Conquistadors, or La Casona, a 16-th century manor house, restored as an 11-suite luxury hotel, or Palacio Nazarenas, which was a former palace and convent in the 16th century and has the only outdoor heated swimming pool.
Start off your experience learning about the fascinating Inca civilization from a renowned scholar. Visit the main sightseeing highlights of the historic city of Cusco, including the Plaza de Armas, the Cathedral, and the Incan "Sun Temple" of Qoricancha. Enjoy the unique opportunity to learn about Andean style and culture as you meet with Antonio Olave, one of the most important traditional sculptors of twentieth century Peru. Private guided tour of the Sacsayhuaman ruins just outside of Cusco overlooking the city. In the evening, you may enjoy exclusive access to a private colonial mansion overlooking the city of Cusco for a special dinner, followed by a private Andean concert by local musicians.
Flight back to Lima for an afternoon of sightseeing the highlights of Peru's capital city. Visit the historical center of Lima with your personal guide, including the Plaza de Armas, the Cathedral, the Archbishop's Palace, the City Hall, the Cloister of San Francisco, and San Isidro. Alternatively, exclusive access to a private collection of colonial art and pre-Inca artifacts, or visit the Larco Museum, accompanied by your personal expert guide. For shoppers, we will provide a personal shopper who will escort you to the best shopping venues in Lima. In the evening, dine in one of Peru's most acclaimed restaurants. Later, check-in assistance for your international flight departure.
- Lake Titikaka, the highest navigable lake in the world, and is renowned for its intense blue waters, fascinating floating islands, and distinct local culture.
- Explore the Peruvian Amazon aboard your luxury cruise and discover remote estuaries in the Peruvian rain forest and the Pacaya Samiria Reserve, which is twice the size of Yellowstone Park. Alternatively, fly to Puerto Maldonaldo and stay at the Inkaterra Reserva Amazonica, an elegantly rustic lodge in the heart of the rainforest.
- Visit the Colca Canyon & Arequipa to witness the majestic flight of the giant Andean condors and the famed "white city," built in the foothills of the Misti Volcano.
- Spend 5 to 8 memorable days aboard your cruise ship in the Galapagos Islands to experience the amazing flora and fauna that inhabit these islands
- The Sacred Valley
- The Inca Trail
- Machu Picchu, the "Lost City of the Incas"
- Cusco, "the Navel of the World"
- Mountain biking
- Horseback riding
Insider AccessCusco / Sacred Valley / Machu Picchu
- Private meditation ceremony with the Shaman Rufino Turpo
- Private weaving demonstration by the Callanauapa family
- Exclusive access to the dome of La Compania de Jesus for 360° view of Cusco
- Meeting with scholars such as Peter Frost or Roger Valencia to learn about the Incan civilization
- Cooking classes with acclaimed local chefs
- Meeting with artisans and artists in their workshops, such as Antonio Olave, one of the most important sculptors of 20th century in Peru
- Gourmet picnics in spectacular natural outdoor settings. Presentation includes proper table setting with fine glassware, a professional waiter, along with exquisitely prepared local dishes
- Exclusive access to San Francisco Church for an exceptional, intimate candle-lit gourmet dinner
- Chartering of train wagons to/from Machu Picchu
- And much more...
- Briefings from local scholars such as Dr. Ivan Ghezzi to learn about the archaeological and astronomical significance of Incan constructions
- Access to Enrico Poli's private art collection and private tour led by him
- Cooking classes with acclaimed local chefs
- Exclusive shopping tour with an expert personal shopper
- Aerial sightseeing over your favorite destinations
- Private plane and helicopters services throughout Peru
- VIP service at Lima Airport
- And much more...
UK: +44 (0)20 8819 3904
- Best time to go
- Recommended Stay
- Price Reference
(8 Days, Private party of 2)
- March > November
- 5-12 days
- $9,500 - $11,000
Note: Prices will vary based on the specifics of your itinerary.
Parties of 4 or more will benefit from lower prices per passenger.
What is included:
- Luxury accommodations at
- Miraflores Park Hotel or Hotel Ramada Costa del Sol (Lima)
- Sol Y Luna (Sacred Valley)
- Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge or the Inkaterra Machu Picchu Hotel (Machu Picchu)
- Hotel Monasterio, Palacio Nazarenas or La Casona (Cusco)
- Internal flights
- Services of Blue Parallel hosts and private specialized guides throughout the journey
- All special events, private guided tours, private excursions, private outdoor activities, spa treatments, entrance fees
- Continual monitoring of your journey by a Blue Parallel team composed of a personal travel concierge in our offices, and a personal host in each destination. In addition, a "behind the scenes" logistical expert is staffed on each trip in order to monitor every step of the journey. The team is on call 24-hours a day during a trip
- All transportation
- Most meals
- A Blue Parallel customized travel kit that you will receive prior to departure