Rio de Janeiro
Few cities are as striking as Rio de Janeiro. Known as the "cidade maravilhosa" (the marvelous city), Rio de Janeiro was declared a UNESCO World Heritage site because of its incomparable natural landscapes and beauty. Rio folds itself into narrow bits of land between tropical beaches and mountains that leap to 2,500-foot heights. Say "Rio", and mental images explode - the gigantic statue of the Christ opening its arms to the city on top of the Corcovado, the Sugar Loaf, the persistent rhythm of samba and the relaxed tune of Bossa Nova, the exciting beaches of Ipanema and Copacabana always crowded with beautiful people, and of course the Carnaval.
Located on a basaltic line spanning the border between Argentina and Brazil, the Iguassu Falls - "great waters" in the Guarani language - are the most spectacular falls on Earth. Named a UNESCO World Heritage site in 1984, the 275 individual cascades come together to produce vast sprays of water in a dazzling array of roaring white foam and rainbows. The Iguassu Falls are 60 feet higher than Niagara, and three times wider. Eleanor Roosevelt exclaimed "Poor Niagara!" after first seeing the Iguassu Falls. The falls are surrounded by sub-tropical rainforest with over 2,000 species of vascular plants and home to a wide variety of birds, insects and mammals, including the tapir, giant anteater, howling monkey, ocelot and jaguar.
Please note that the following itinerary is an example, as all of our journeys are custom-made.
Rio de Janeiro (3 nights)
Upon arrival in Rio de Janeiro, you will be greeted by your personal host and transported by private vehicle to one of Rio's 5-star luxury properties. Options include the iconic Copacabana Palace or the sleek avant-garde Fasano hotel in Ipanema, a private, luxury penthouse apartment overlooking the beach, or a secluded ocean-view villa.
Spend the day with your personal guide visiting the unique sights and activities of Rio, including the Corcovado, the Sugar Loaf, a historical tour of colonial Rio, the Bohemian artist district of Santa Teresa, the Botanical Gardens, and the breathtaking beaches of Copacabana, Ipanema, Leblon and Barra. Experience Carnival "behind the scenes" with exclusive access to the samba school, "Unidos de Tijuca." Enjoy a leisurely lunch outside the city at Quinta, a private property in a tropical garden atmosphere where you can enjoy a relaxed afternoon, and later witness an acrobatic caiopera performance. For the more active enjoy hiking in Tijuca, the largest urban forest in the world, or soar above the city in a hang glider for a unique aerial view of Rio. You will then have the opportunity to enjoy a spa treatment at your hotel, gourmet dining and a night on the town with live samba or bossa nova.
Iguassu Falls (2 nights)
Imagine a unique encounter with the majestic Iguassu Falls - you will experience the falls from the ground, from the water and from the air! After the excursions, relax by the pool and enjoy gourmet meals.
You will be greeted by your personal host upon arrival of your domestic flight and escorted to either Hotel das Cataratas, on the Brazilian side, combining traditional style with modern luxury, or the secluded and chic Loi Suites, on the Argentine side.
You will enjoy expansive panoramic vistas of the falls from the Brazilian circuit, and up close and personal views from the Argentinean side (Circuit Inferior, Circuit Superior). Envision yourself on an exhilarating high-speed Zodiac ride as you edge close to the roaring rapids and powerful mists. You will also experience a bird's eye view of the Iguassu Falls while enjoying a private scenic helicopter ride over the falls.
Depending on what your interests are and how much time you have, we can also arrange private eco-adventure tours in the jungle, rafting on the Iguassu River or a visit to a bird sanctuary. Relax and enjoy delicious meals in the evenings.
- The dynamic and cosmopolitan city of Buenos Aires
- Mendoza, the heart of the Argentine wine country
- Spend time at a traditional countryside estate in Cordoba
- Explore the Northwest provinces of Jujuy & Salta in our Crossing the Andes journey
- Discover vast Patagonia, home to Los Glaciares National Park and the famed Perito Moreno Glacier in Argentina as well as the awe-inspiring Torres del Paine National Park in Chile
- Explore Tierra del Fuego, the Southernmost point of the world
- The rich marine life of Peninsula Valdes where you will spot whales and sea elephants
- The breathtaking natural beauty of dazzling blue lakes and snowcapped mountains of the Argentine Lake District
- The Amazon Basin, home to the world's remaining rainforest and unparalleled diversity
- The quaint colonial beach towns of Trancoso and Corumbau, Bahia
- Fernando de Noronha - a pristine archipelago of natural beauty, 215 miles off the Northeastern coast of Brazil
- Relax and indulge on the Emerald Coast in Southern Brazil
- Rio de Janeiro
- Iguassu Falls
- Sub-tropical rainforest
- High-speed Zodiacs
- Jungle excursion
- Helicopter rides
Insider AccessRio de Janeiro
- Behind the scenes Carnival tour
- Exclusive access to the Quinta private estate
- Private train to visit Corcovado
- Private capoiera demonstration
- After hours access to certain museums, churches & synagogues
- VIP service at Rio Airport
- Private plane and helicopter services
- And much more...
- Private high-speed zodiac
- Private train ride to the Devil's Throat
- Private helicopter
- Private eco-adventures
- VIP service at Iguassu Airport
- Private plane and helicopter services
- And much more...
UK: +44 (0)20 8819 3904
- Best time to go
- Recommended Stay
- Price Reference
(6 Days, Private party of 2)
- 5 - 7 days
- $7,500 - $9,500
Note: Prices will vary based on the specifics of your itinerary.
Parties of 4 or more will benefit from lower prices per passenger.
What is included:
- Luxury accommodations at
- Copacabana Palace or Fasano Hotel (Rio de Janeiro)
- Hotel Das Cataratas or Loi Suites (Iguassu Falls)
- Internal flights
- Services of Blue Parallel hosts and private specialized guides throughout the journey
- All special events, private guided tours, private excursions, private outdoor activities, spa treatments, entrance fees
- Continual monitoring of your journey by a Blue Parallel team composed of a personal travel concierge in our offices, and a personal host in each destination. In addition, a "behind the scenes" logistical expert is staffed on each trip in order to monitor every step of the journey. The team is on call 24-hours a day during a trip
- All transportation
- Most meals
- A Blue Parallel customized travel kit that you will receive prior to departure