Welcome to the "little Switzerland" of South America, a romantic region of virgin green forests set against snow-capped mountains and deep blue lakes. The Lake District is not only beautiful - it is an Eden for anyone looking for a deep breath of fresh air and its ancient forests, mountains and lakes provide a playground second to none. Hiking, yachting, golfing, superb fishing in some of the best trout rivers on Earth, mountain biking, white water rafting and kayaking are all possible in this natural fairytale setting. Experience your dream adventures in style during the day and enjoy being pampered with spa treatments and gourmet meals in the evening.
Please note that the following itinerary is an example, as all of our journeys are custom-made.
Buenos Aires (2 nights)
Arrival in the cosmopolitan city of Buenos Aires after an overnight flight. Greeting by your personal host and private transfer to a 5-star hotel of your choice. Discover Buenos Aires on your private guided tour of the main sightseeing attractions, depending on your interests. Visit some of the city's many museums and enjoy exclusive access to the private homes and ateliers of esteemed local curators and artists. Explore amongst the typical fairs, antique markets, and take part in a private cooking class or wine tasting session with an expert sommelier. Enjoy a private tango lesson followed by a traditional tango show, or relax and appreciate a live musical performance in the famed Teatro Colon. Dine on authentic gourmet meals in the city's finest restaurants and cocktails in the many chic bars and lounges in the evenings.
The Lake District (4 nights)
Non-stop flight to Bariloche where your personal host will greet you and escort you to your luxury accommodations set in the heart of Argentina's Lake District. Choose from a variety of lodging options, including a boutique, lake front hotel El Casco Art Hotel, which houses a large collection of art from renowned regional artists; the Llao Llao Resort & Spa, a historic, full serviced hotel designed by famed architect Alejandro Bustillo; or a secluded, luxury villa with views of the lakes and surrounding mountains.
In the afternoon of your first day, explore the Llao Llao Peninsula on a gentle hike through the Cohihue forest to a lookout point with beautiful views of the surrounding lakes and forests. The next day, enjoy a private boating excursion on the magnificent Lake Nahuel Huapi to Victoria Island located in the middle of the lake where you will hike up to a viewpoint with your expert guide before experiencing a delicious gourmet picnic just for your party with fine glassware and a proper table prepared by the excellent head chef of Cassis. Delight in the Argentine Lake District's finest wines paired with exceptionally prepared cuisine as you take in the spectacular natural outdoor setting around you.
The following day, take a short kayak ride along the Llao Llao Peninsula with your expert guide and later, hike to Los Palotinos, a spectacular look-out point with panoramic views of Lake Nahuel Huapi and surrounding peaks. On your last day, head to the vast Argentine Steppe and cross into the breathtaking Valle Encantado where you can discover caves and unique rock formations characteristic of the arid region.
Additional activities include: fly-fishing on the Limay River, horseback riding at a private ranch, golfing on one of the most spectacular courses in South America, mountain biking and much more. Relax by the breathtaking outdoor heated swimming pool of your resort at the end of each day. In the evenings, experience Bariloche's world-class cuisine, a fusion of immigrant traditions from Central and Eastern Europe.
- Discover vast Patagonia, home to Los Glaciares National Park and the famed Perito Moreno Glacier in Argentina as well as the awe-inspiring Torres del Paine National Park in Chile
- Explore the Chilean Lake District's beautiful Pacific coastline, numerous volcanoes and lush green forests
- Explore Tierra del Fuego, the World's most southern extent
- The rich marine life of Peninsula Valdes where you will spot whales and sea elephants
- The impressive Iguassu Falls, one of the new 7 wonders of the world
- Mendoza, the heart of the Argentine wine country
- Spend time at a traditional countryside estate in Cordoba
- Explore the Northwest provinces of Jujuy & Salta in our Crossing the Andes journey
- Buenos Aires
- Lake Nahuel Huapi
- Isla Victoria
- Los Palotinos
- Road of the Seven Lakes
- Limay River
- San Carlos de Bariloche
- Villa La Angostura
- Horseback riding
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Fly fishing
Insider AccessBuenos Aires
- Exclusive access to art collections and private ateliers of famous local artists and curators
- Private soccer, tennis or polo sessions with world renowned athletes
- Meet with high profile business leaders and politicians
- Exclusive access on an exceptional basis to Jewish heritage sites
- Private plane services
- VIP airport assistance
- And much more...
- Access to exceptional private villas and privately owned ranches for customized private outdoor adventures
- Gourmet picnics set up in spectacular outdoor settings specially prepared by a personal chef. Presentation includes proper table setting with fine glassware, a professional waiter and a sommelier
- Surprise musical concerts in unexpected, spectacular natural settings
- Private motor yacht
- Private wine orientation and tasting at the private wine cellar of Cassis Restaurant with the owner and wine specialist Ernesto Wolf
- Meeting with famous artist, Juan Lascano at his studio
- Private plane services
- VIP airport assistance
- And much more...
- Best time to go
- Recommended Stay
- Price Reference
(7 Days, Private party of 2)
- October > April
- 6 - 10 Days
- $10,000 - $12,000
Note: Prices will vary based on the specifics of your itinerary.
Parties of 4 or more will benefit from lower prices per passenger.
What is included:
- Luxury accommodations at
- 5-star hotel of your choice in Buenos Aires
- Llao Llao Resort & Spa or El Casco Art Hotel (Bariloche)
- Internal flights
- Services of Blue Parallel hosts and private specialized guides throughout the journey
- All special events, private guided tours, private excursions, private outdoor activities, spa treatments, entrance fees
- Continual monitoring of your journey by a Blue Parallel team composed of a personal travel expert in our offices, and a personal host in each destination. In addition, a "behind the scenes" logistical expert is staffed on each trip in order to monitor every step of the journey. The team is on call 24-hours a day during a trip
- All transportation and private transfers
- Most meals
- A Blue Parallel customized travel kit that you will receive prior to departure