Home to some of the world's most striking natural beauty, the 560-mile Bahian coastline of this Brazilian northeastern state will enchant you with its lush vegetation, miles of virgin beaches, flavorful gastronomy, and beautiful pastel-colored colonial architecture. This is the land where African, native Indian and European heritage have come together to form an exceptional way of life and culture unique to Bahia. The captivating mix of colonial architecture and African drumbeats makes this destination not only ideal for nature lovers, but also for history and culture buffs.
Explore Bahia’s cultural centerpiece, the colonial city of Salvador; a UNESCO World Heritage Site and Brazil's "capital of happiness" with its gilded churches, cobblestone streets and lively festivals. Experience the remote coastal town of Trancoso, the landing point of the Portuguese explorer, Pedro Cabral, onto Brazil in the year 1500. Visit the spectacular deserted beaches and estuaries of southern Bahia with its protective offshore reefs that create uniquely calm and warm natural pools ideal for snorkeling. In addition to lush valleys and pristine beaches, Trancoso features the Quadrado at its center, an important UNESCO site with colorful historical homes framing its lawn and 16th century church—the first in Brazil. End your Bahian tour with the hidden gem of Corumbau, a strip of paradise near a fishing village and the Pataxo Indian Reserve. Immerse yourself in Bahia’s friendly culture and escape to the pristine natural surroundings on this exciting journey.
Please note that the following itinerary is an example, as all of our journeys are custom-made.
Salvador de Bahia (2 nights)
Stay at Convento do Carmo, a historical convent converted into a comfortable hotel with an ideal location. With your personal guide experience the thriving culinary, religious, dance and musical traditions of Bahia historical centerpiece, Salvador.
Experience the afro-Portuguese colonial history of the city with a private guided tour of the city's sightseeing highlights including the Old City known as Pelourinho and its stunning gilded churches and colonial architecture, the Mercado Model, a former customs building and slave warehouse turned into a local market well-known for its handicrafts, as well as the Farol da Barra, a picturesque lighthouse with beautiful views along with the Santa Maria fortress. Option to take part in an authentic afro-Brazilian drumming class followed by a capoeira show, the acrobatic martial art form in the evening.
Trancoso (3 nights)
Fly to Porto Seguro where you will be greeting by your host and transferred to the small historical town of Trancoso. Stay on the Quadrado itself at the UXUA Casa Hotel & Spa or in your private luxury villa. Frequented by Brazilian elite and Hollywood movie stars, Trancoso has been claimed as a hidden paradise reminiscent of St. Tropez. Named a world heritage site by UNESCO, its main plaza the Quadrado, has a beautiful church, small colorful houses, surrounded by charming restaurants and exciting nightlife which make for a unique and lively summer escape.
During your time in Trancoso, enjoy an exciting biking excursion through the Valley of Buffaloes, go kayaking along Rio da Barra, surf with a professional on Itapimirim Beach, golf on one of the most beautiful courses in the continent, and of course, take advantage of the extensive coastline of spectacular deserted beaches all to yourself.
Corumbau (2 nights)
Take a private boat to the secluded premises of the luxurious beach-front boutique resort Fazenda Sao Francisco do Corumbau. On this boating experience you will be able to visit neighboring estuaries and beautiful, deserted beaches of southern Bahia. Visit the virgin beach and natural pools of Itaquena for some snorkeling and anchor at Praia do Espelho (Mirror Beach) where you will enjoy a delicious lunch by the sea. Later, continue onto Corumbau.
The Fazenda is located across the river from the Pataxo Indian Reserve, facing the ocean and surrounded by palm trees. Explore the hidden natural paradise of Corumbau, meaning "distant place" in the local Pataxo native language.
Settle in to your new environment by enjoying an invigorating walk, bike or run along the 15km of deserted white sand beaches and take a swim or snorkel in the refreshing ocean. During your time at Corumbau, you will be able to relax on the beach or poolside at your hotel. Have delicious meals with organic fruit juices and vegetables supplied by the village farms and fresh seafood caught by local fishermen.
At the end of your stay, take a private helicopter back to Porto Seguro airport for your departure flight.
- The impressive Iguassu Falls, declared one of the 7 natural wonders of the world
- Fernando de Noronha - a pristine archipelago of natural beauty, 215 miles off the Northeastern coast of Brazil
- The cidade maravilhosa (marvelous city) of Rio de Janeiro
- The Amazon Basin, home to the world's remaining rainforest and unparalleled diversity
- Relax and indulge on the Emerald Coast in Southern Brazil
- Salvador de Bahia
- Mountain biking
- Horseback riding
- Private visit to the shop of one of Bahia's most innovative designers, Marcia Ganem
- Private drumming lesson with acclaimed musicians
- Exclusive backstage access to Teatro Miguel Santana to witness Afro-Brazilian dance, music and cultural traditions
- Private boating services
- Exclusive access to the Valley of Buffaloes for an exciting biking excursion on its immense grounds
- Private Capoeira class
- Private villa with gourmet meals and a dedicated staff
- Private plane and helicopters services
- VIP service at airports
- And much more...
- Best time to go
- Recommended Stay
- Price Reference
(8 Days, Private party of 2)
- 6-9 Days
- $10,000 - $12,000
Note: Prices will vary based on the specifics of your itinerary.
Parties of 4 or more will benefit from lower prices per passenger.
What is included:
- Luxury accommodations at
- Pestana Convento do Carmo (Salvador de Bahia)
- UXUA Casa Hotel & Spa (Trancoso)
- Fazenda Sao Francisco de Corumbau (Corumbau)
- Internal flights
- Services of Blue Parallel hosts and private specialized guides throughout the journey
- All special events, private guided tours, private excursions, private outdoor activities, spa treatments, entrance fees
- Continual monitoring of your journey by a Blue Parallel team composed of a personal travel expert in our offices, and a personal host in each destination. In addition, a "behind the scenes" logistical expert is staffed on each trip in order to monitor every step of the journey. The team is on call 24-hours a day during a trip
- All transportation
- Most meals
- A Blue Parallel customized travel kit that you will receive prior to departure