Home to some of the world's greatest natural beauty, the Bahian coast will enchant you with its lush vegetation, miles of virgin beaches, flavorful gastronomy, and beautiful pastel-colored colonial architecture. This is the land where European and African heritage have come together to form an exceptional way of life unique to the people of Bahia. Explore the colonial city of Salvador, UNESCO World Heritage site and Brazil's "capital of happiness", the hidden gem of Corumbau and the luxurious paradise of Trancoso. Immerse yourself in its friendly culture and escape to the pristine natural surroundings. Visit the spectacular deserted beaches and estuaries of southern Bahia, at low tide its protective offshore reefs with create uniquely calm and warm natural pools ideal for snorkeling. Discover the charming UNESCO world heritage site Quadrado, exclusive beaches, restaurants and exciting nightlife of Trancoso.
Please note that the following itinerary is an example, as all of our journeys are custom-made.
Salvador de Bahia (2 nights)
Stay at Convento do Carmo, a historical convent converted into a comfortable hotel. With your personal guide experience the thriving culinary, religious, dance and musical traditions of the region.
Experience the afro-Portuguese colonial history of the city with a private guided tour of the city's sightseeing highlights including the Old City known as Pelourinho and its stunning churches, the Mercado Model (a former customs building and slave warehouse well-known for its handicrafts) as well as the Farol da Barra (the picturesque lighthouse) and Santa Maria fortress. Take part in an authentic afro-Brazilian drumming class followed by a capoeira show, the acrobatic martial art form.
Corumbau (2 nights)
Fly to Porto Seguro and continue on by private helicopter to the secluded premises of the luxurious beach-front boutique Fazenda Sao Francisco do Corumbau, located across the river from the Pataxo Indian Reserve, facing the ocean and surrounded by palm tree groves. Explore the hidden natural paradise of Corumbau, meaning "distant place" in the local Pataxo native language.
Settle in to your new environment by enjoying an invigorating walk, bike or run along the 15km of deserted white sand beaches and take a swim or snorkel in the refreshing ocean. Enjoy delicious meals with organic fruit juices and vegetables supplied by the village farms and fresh seafood caught by local fishermen. Board your private schooner and navigate along the pristine river banks and observe the untamed lush vegetation, as well as the diverse bird and marine life on a kayaking tour.
Explore by 4x4 and enjoy a hiking excursion at the Pataxo Indian Reservation in the Monte Pascoal National Park. At night, experience the unique opportunity to gather by a giant fire pit and witness a Pataxo Indian ritual dance.
Trancoso (2 nights)
Embark on a private boating tour to visit neighboring estuaries and beautiful, deserted beaches of southern Bahia. Visit the virgin beach and natural pools of Itaquena. Anchor at Praia do Espelho (Mirror Beach) where you will enjoy a delicious lunch by the sea. In Trancoso stay at the luxury Pousada Estrela D'Agua, Clube del Mar or in your private luxury villa.
Frequented by Brazilian elite and Hollywood movie stars, Trancoso has been claimed as a hidden paradise reminiscent of St. Tropez. Named a world heritage site by UNESCO, its main plaza the Quadrado, has a beautiful church, small colorful houses, surrounded by charming restaurants and exciting nightlife which make for a unique and lively summer escape.
Experience the area through a variety of activities such as horseback riding to the Valley of the Buffaloes, bike riding through the forests, golfing and snorkeling.
- The impressive Iguassu Falls, declared one of the 7 natural wonders of the world
- Fernando de Noronha - a pristine archipelago of natural beauty, 215 miles off the Northeastern coast of Brazil
- The cidade maravilhosa (marvelous city) of Rio de Janeiro
- The Amazon Basin, home to the world's remaining rainforest and unparalleled diversity
- Relax and indulge on the Emerald Coast in Southern Brazil
- Salvador de Bahia
- Pataxo Indian Reserve
- Itacolomi coral reef
- Private boating excursions
- Mountain biking
- Whale watching
- Horseback riding
- Private visit to the shop of one of Bahia's most innovative designers, Marcia Ganem
- Private drumming lesson with acclaimed musicians
- Exclusive backstage access to Teatro Miguel Santana to witness Afro-Brazilian dance, music and cultural traditions
- Private boating services
- Private villa with gourmet meals and a dedicated staff
- Private plane and helicopters services
- VIP service at airports
- And much more...
UK: +44 (0)20 8819 3904
- Best time to go
- Recommended Stay
- Price Reference
(7 Days, Private party of 2)
- 6-9 Days
- $9,000 - $11,500
Note: Prices will vary based on the specifics of your itinerary.
Parties of 4 or more will benefit from lower prices per passenger.
What is included:
- Luxury accommodations at
- Convento do Carmo (Salvador de Bahia)
- Fazenda Sao Francisco (Corumbau)
- Pousada Estrela D'Agua or Clube de Mar (Trancoso)
- Internal flights
- Services of Blue Parallel hosts and private specialized guides throughout the journey
- All special events, private guided tours, private excursions, private outdoor activities, spa treatments, entrance fees
- Continual monitoring of your journey by a Blue Parallel team composed of a personal travel expert in our offices, and a personal host in each destination. In addition, a "behind the scenes" logistical expert is staffed on each trip in order to monitor every step of the journey. The team is on call 24-hours a day during a trip
- All transportation
- Most meals
- A Blue Parallel customized travel kit that you will receive prior to departure